- 200mg of DHA per serving, our supplement gives you the purest form of Omega 3 oil and all the benefits of fish oils without the fish extract. Our softgels are made from microalgae that are 100% vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
- Free from mercury, cadmium, lead and arsenic – toxins that have been found in fish oil capsules. Algae oil is 100% free of these harmful contaminants.
- Made from highly sustainable algae oil, produced within the EU. Better for you and the planet.
- Our easy-to-digest algae Omega 3 softgels take the digestive distress out of getting your essential fatty acids. No more fishy burps, no more fishy smell, no more awful aftertaste.
- Our algae is 100% natural and free of artificial flavours, colours, GMOs and fillers. These easy-to-swallow softgels are produced under controlled pharmaceutical conditions to ensure purity, potency and safety.
Omega 3 from a sustainable algae source
Vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
Free from metal toxins.
Highly sustainable, plant-based nutrition.
No fishy aftertaste.
200mg (minimum) DHA per softgel.
Why use Omega 3 from algae instead of fish?
Omega 3 is originally created by microscopic algae in the sea. This algae is then eaten by krill, that are then eaten by fish. Our vegetarian product cuts out the middleman by going straight to the original source; the algae.
Due to the heavily polluted oceans, fish oil has been found to contain harmful amounts of heavy metals such as mercury in recent in years. There are also concerns surrounding sustainability and overfishing. Algae is a highly sustainable and natural resource that can be grown in a controlled and safe environment.
How does this differ from Omega 3 from flaxseed oil?
Many vegetarians and vegans are probably deficient in Omega 3 DHA due to the lack of fish in their diets. Flaxseed and other plant-based Omega 3 sources contain inferior Omega 3 ALA, which is not the same as Omega 3 DHA. Many studies have shown that Omega 3 DHA is vital for eye, brain and heart health.
Who should be supplementing with Omega 3 from algae?
Algae is ideal for both vegetarians and vegans, but also anyone that is looking for a more sustainable and healthier form of Omega 3. Given recent government guidelines on reducing fish intake whilst pregnant due to mercury poisoning, our algae softgels are also a great health product for pregnant women.
© nothingfishy 2015