PhysioRoom Floatation Belt – Water, Aqua, Rehabilitation, Support , Exercise, Reduce Stress while Swimming, Injuries, Non Weight Bearing, Cardiovascular Training – SAA-01
- Provides vertical buoyancy stabilization for full body workouts
- Soft, rounded edges prevent chafing
- Full lumbar support for lower back
- Dedicated left and right fins with full arch support
- Made of non-water logging, EVA foam
Using the Water Floatation Belt in a swimming pool reduces the stress of weight bearing on an injury during exercise. It’s suitable for body weight up to 16 stones.
When to use it
The Water Floatation Belt is ideal for early non weight bearing cardiovascular training as its design allows the user to run in the pool without putting stress through their injury. It is perfect following injuries such as fractures and stress fractures, knee ligament injuries, sprained ankle or swollen ankle, as well as following knee surgery and ankle surgery once the wounds are sufficiently healed.
Adjustable strap – One size fits all – Suitable for all body weights – Fits waist size up to 58″
How it Works
Without the stress of weight bearing through the joint (due to the water supporting the body’s weight), exercise can be carried out without further injury, accelerating rehabilitation. Early cardiovascular exercise improves circulation and this improves healing.
The Water Floatation Belt is ideal where you have an injury that requires a rest from the impact of your normal sport. With it, you can allow an injury to recover, without suffering a decline in your general fitness level. By maintaining your general fitness in the pool the recovery process is quickened and you can get back to your sport faster.
The benefits of exercise in water can be continued even after regaining full fitness. These include:
* Water increases joint mobility and flexibility.
* Water induces relaxation and provides a feeling of well-being.
* Water pressure increases blood volume per heart stroke, enhancing cardiac conditioning.