- Folic Acid is especially recommended for woman proceeding as well as during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- It has been shown to greatly assist the development of the central nervous system in the unborn child.
- Available in 30, 60, 120, 240, 500 or 1000 tablet pack sizes
- We offer folic acid in two different strengths; 400mcg and 800mcg
- All of Oxford Vitalitys Folic Acid tablets are manufactured by our expert team here in the UK.
Folic Acid tablets from Oxford Vitality. Folic acid is the synthetic monoglutamate form of the nutrient Folate, a polyglutamate form. The body is unable to produce or store large amounts of Folate easily, hence, why it’s readily available and recommended as a supplement. There are natural sources of Folic acid, these include, dark green leafy vegetables (kale and spinach), soya beans, kidney beans, broccoli, cabbage, avocado, cereals and barley.
Folic acid is an essential supplement for women who want to conceive and for pregnant mothers. Folic acid has been shown to increase fertility in both men and women who want to conceive. As an essential part of pre-pregnancy care, all women are advised to increase Folic acid intake, with a minimum of 400mcg being taken daily. This can easily be achieved by supplementation. Moreover, Folic acid has been shown to significantly decrease the chances of Neural Tube Defects (NTDs) such as Spina Bifida and Anencephaly (abnormal brain development) in unborn babies. The UK Department of Health (DoH) suggest taking Folic acid as a daily supplement (400mcg), for a minimum of 12 weeks, the first trimester.
Vitamin B12 and Folic acid (Vitamin B9) have a well founded relationship, that promotes health of the blood, and nervous system.
We provide this product to you as a manageable and easy to swallow 6mm Tablet. We offer two strengths of 400mcg and 800mcg, in 6 quantity sizes, so you can buy accordingly.